Service Team Apprentice
Position Title: Customer Experience and Operations Coordinator
Department/Team: Field Operations
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Position Type: Full-time
The Customer Experience and Operations Coordinator is responsible for navigating our future, current and past customers through a highly choreographed system of events and experiences designed to create a successful experience with our organization. This position is the first impression of the organization, as well as the conduit of communication between all of our departments AND the customer. Our goal is to make it easy for our customers to have their needs fulfilled by our services. By exhibiting genuine customer care at every level of our interaction, we ensure happy customers, and fruitful, repeat business.
- Answering incoming calls and taking the lead responsibility for making outgoing calls
- Scheduling Customer interactions with our sales teams and our labor force including sales calls, work orders, marketing events, and meetings
- Communicating all necessary messages to our sales team, field service staff, and customers
- Implementing and updating all of our SOPs for the Customer Experience & Operations Coordinator Position
- Taking ownership in any Quality Assurance Initiatives and creating a positive outcome for the business, the customer, and the team
- Love and Gratitude: Respect and compassion for team members and customers always. Help create and contribute to a positive and productive working environment for all team members. Create and maintain satisfying and positive relationships with our customers. Be aware of opportunities to send special messages or cards to our customers (sympathy, congratulations on a new house, etc.)
- Transformation: Innovate constantly to achieve maximum impact and minimum footprint. Be adaptable to new systems and resilient to ever changing circumstances, office processes and systems.
- Integrity: Be open and honest always and build trust with peers. Utilize the open-door policy to bring concerns to each member of the organization individually. Recognize that you are the impression of the organization to anyone you have contact with in the community.
- Stewardship: Stay abreast of the latest trends and research in our industry, and in administrative trends.
- Excellence: Realize the full potential of our team, customers, and community. Always give 100% in everything you do. Encourage team members with compliments for jobs well done and make suggestions where you see potential for them to grow. Be aware of extra things that we may be able to help our customers by listening, asking questions and then making suggestions.
- Fun and Creativity: Always in all ways. Find creative solutions to the challenges we face. In the face of adversity (schedule/quality issues, equipment issues, etc.) help to maintain a degree of levity and enjoyment in the office..
- Software aptitude: Make whatever effort necessary to learn new software systems and use them efficiently and effectively.
- Self starter and self motivated: Use down time wisely. Always take an interest in a new task to learn or do. Ask how you can help others. Question what doesn’t make sense and make suggestions where you see opportunities for streamlining processes.
- Service Oriented Customer Engagement Skills:
- Answer phones as much as possible. Clients should be able to ‘hear’ your smile over the phone.
- Appear friendly, happy and joyful while still exhibiting professionalism.
- Proactive with problem solving while the customer is on phone -- suggesting a reschedule time, offering to check on a problem and giving a specific time by which you will get back to them.
- Keep track of incomplete jobs and ensure the appropriate rescheduling is done to complete them, keeping the customer abreast of the specific plans to do so.
- Willingness to Learn: Ask questions when confused. Be open and comfortable to learning new techniques and services
- Communication: Communicate with your team lead effectively. Communicate with the customer about their needs and make sure you have met their expectations
- Ability to multitask with a high level of accuracy:
- Provide confirmation emails regarding phone conversations and keep detailed notes, filing in folders or appropriate virtual systems.
- Enter work orders into the system with accurate addresses, dates and times, services required and explicit special instructions to crews.
- Schedule jobs by grouping them to maximize efficiency based on location, type of equipment required, etc.
- Continuously update customer database with current information, specific service and invoice instructions (i.e. gate entry required and applicable security codes, have crew call customer when on their way, special invoice instructions, etc.)
- Enter all appropriate information from prospective customers into sales system.
- Check and answer emails throughout the day on a timely basis.
- Contact unpaid customers and take credit card payments over the phone.
Measures of Success:
- Time elapsed between the proposal accepted and date scheduled.
- Time elapsed between date job completed and date invoice is sent (commercial jobs).
- Happy customers measured by repeat customers, positive customer reviews, verbal and written compliments and few to no valid customer complaints.
- Happy team members.
- Smooth and efficient operations with complete and correct instructions with no errors that result in service appointments being late or missed.
- Clear communications on every workflow.
- Overall business success.